Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekend Report

Friday:
Went to Phu-Yen for lunch with the Kanata SQA group. I don't think I've been back there in 2, maybe 3 years? Why? It was not that good the last time I went and... it still hasn't changed x_X.
I got the Pho soup with rare beef, well done beef, and meatballs. The rare beef in the bowl was NOT rare. Maybe it was rare when they put it in, but by the time I got it, it was cooked all the way through. Also for the same price, I would have had a bigger bowl with more ingredients any place else. The only thing I liked was the broth.
The others got "chow mein". I quote it because this is was NOT real chow mein. It looked like rock hard fried ramen, covered in bok choi, some seafood, and CELERY! (and everyone knows how much I hate celery and how it doesn't belong in Chinese food.) And the portion size was tiny! I almost laughed when I saw it.
We are going to Rideau Restaurant next time, and I will show them REAL chow mein.

Went to T&T at 9:30pm with Susanna. Not much left in the cooked food section, but I scored some discounted Egg Tarts and Portuguese Tarts in the bakery. They must have changed the recipe to the egg tart, because it tastes better than before (but still nowhere near as good as the ones from Montreal Chinatown).


^ T&T Egg Tarts and Portuguese Tarts.

Saturday:
Picked up some new Power-Core Transformers at Walmart. The race car one is called "Leadfoot", but his ability is to turn invisible. To be consistant, they should have just painted it blue instead of orange, and called him "Mirage".


^ New Transformers.
Still missing Animated Ironhide and Hotrod.

Lunch today -> Beef and Chinese Greens on Rice.
I made enough of the beef and greens for dinner today and lunch on Sunday.


^ Beef and Chinese Greens on Rice.

I almost drowned Saturday night. I was sipping hot green tea, when some of it went down the wrong way! I was coughing and hacking really hard for probably 5 minutes straight! It was really loud coughing and my window was open too. I'm sure my neighbours must have thought someone was dying! lol.

Sunday:
Wasted my Sunday. I planned to do abunch of things, but I downloaded a new free RPG on my iPhone and it ate up all my time. The only productive thing I got done was mowing the lawn. I didn't even go out to the grocery store to make that dish I wanted to make.

Useless Idol News:
Tuesday is the big JanKenPon Tournament for AKB48. All members will participate and only the top 16 winners will be in the 19th Single as Senbatsu (main singers). The #1 overall winner will be the center of the song. I think this is a neat idea for AKB48.

No comments:

Post a Comment