Sunday, June 10, 2018

Weekend Report -> Softball Tournament

Useless Softball News:
Softball tournament this weekend.  Strike Fighters first game was Friday night against Swingers Club.  We won handily and stayed in the C Division bracket.  I hit 3-for-3 with 3 singles.
Softball Game.
On Saturday, we played our first game against was against a B- division team.  I think it was Diamond Destroyers.  We played awful.  We dropped everything and couldn't hit much.  We lost 16-4.  I think I hit 2-for-3 with a single, fielder's choice, and single.
Next we played Da Knobs, another B- division team.  We beat them in a close game, but I don't remember the score.  I think I hit 3-for-4 with single, double, fielder's choice, and single.
Tyler at Bat.
We advanced to the semi-finals where we faced a B+ team in Reggae Sharks.  It was close for the first 3 innings, but we were outmatched in the long run because they were mostly power hitters.  I think I hit 2-for-4 with a single, fielder's choice, single and a fly out.
We made a good run this year, but we were facing teams on Saturday we were not expecting to see.

Food this weekend ->
Before our last softball game on Saturday, everyone apparently separated but came back to the diamond early with treats.  I brought the traditional cream puff and the new blue gilled steak Doritos.  Alex brought cherries and jubjubs, 
Softball Snacks.
Later Tanya brought 2-bite brownies and Maureen brought ice cream bars :)

Picked up Rideau Saturday night.  Got my standard beef chow mein and dry fried beef noodle.  I wanted shrimp too, so I got salt & pepper shrimp (with the head on). 
Rideau Dinner.
The shrimp were excellent.  Crispy enough to crunch through the shell and the heads were tasty and flavourful.  The noodles it the spot after a long day outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment