Sunday, February 12, 2017

Weekend Report -> Ghost Shrimps feast on Mussel

Food this weekend ->
Peter made roast beef Thursday night and brought me in a sample of his creation.  It was amazingly good.  Perfectly cooked to a medium-rare and well seasoned.  I'll need to ask him for his spice rub.
Peter's Roast Beef.

Made stew on Saturday.  I've been boiling and cooling some stewing meat and marrow bones for a couple days.  I just had to add some mini-potatoes, onions, organic carrots and a couple of eggs.  Most of the beef naturally shredded though the boiling, so there was meat everywhere in the stew.  I made fresh rice to pour the stew over it.
Stew.

I cooked the 2nd half of the mussels I got earlier in the week from Costco on Sunday.  I made it with garlic and black bean this time.
Mussels.
With the broth, I added cooking cream, butter, and some leftover sausage.  Boiled and reduced it, and then poured it over the mussels.
Mussels in Garlic & Black Bean Sauce.

Useless Aquarium News:
I prepared one of the dead mussels for my fish tank.  I half-shelled the mussel and placed it the middle of the tank.  The fish took a few nibbles at it, but it was the ghost shrimps that really feasted on it. 
Ghost Shrimps eating Mussel.
These 2 were eating like there was no tomorrow.  The others came to eat later and some snails also joined the feast.  Only the tongue and abit of the body was left the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment