Sunday, November 23, 2014

Weekend Report: Pop Expo 2014

I lost the United Way Chili Contest.  Jim won.  His was pretty good and spicy.  I think the judges were looking for a traditional chili (spicy, kidney beans, ground beef, and watery) while mine was mild, 8 beans, bacon and ground beef, and thick.

Food this weekend ->
Family celebrated Susanna's Birthday early on the weekend, because she is doing Black Friday shopping on her birthday.  We went to the Chinese Buffet on Merivale for lunch.  They renovated by adding some TVs, a new omelette/pancake grill, and some new seat cushions.  No change in the food.
Buffet Plate #1.
I made my usual congee bowl.
Congee Bowl.
We ate Strawberry Whipped Cake afterwards.
Strawberry Whipped Cake.
I got a Dagwoods' sandwich.  I haven't had one in a long time.  I got the original Dagwood with spicy Dagwood sauce.  The freshly cut cheese and meat, and the fresh Montreal Style bread is the difference between Subway and Dagwoods. 
The Dagwood.

Useless Comic News:
I went to the Pop Expo on Sunday with Judy.  It wasn't very crowded, but alot of people were dressed up in costumes.  Saw the usual group of vendors and a few new ones.  We met Brandon Routh (aka Superman), and Judy got his autograph.  We also went to his Q&A Panel.  He answered questions about Superman, Arrow, Chuck, and random stuff like Bulletproof Coffee.
Brandon Routh Panel.
I saw Emily Kinney (aka Beth from Walking Dead), but didn't get her autograph.  It was $50.  I did get a pic of myself stepping out of the Tardis!
Fongpay Exiting Tardis.
I got a few people their Christmas presents and myself a couple shirts. 
Almost Zombie shirt:
Almost Zombie Shirt.
And Final Fantasy 1 Fighter shirt with command window.  This shirt was custom made.  I think it's awesome!
Final Fantasy Fighter Shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment