Sunday, November 30, 2014

Weekend Report: Happy Birthday Susanna!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSANNA!!!

Susanna went to the US for Black Friday, so we celebrated last week.  She probably faired better than me.  I went to the new Tanger Mall on Friday.  It wasn't very busy.  I went to get the shoes I wanted.  I picked up the Air Pegasus from Nike.  The whole store was 20% off.  Then I went to Addidas to get the SpringBlades as the sign said the whole store was 50% off.  So I tried them on, got in line for 10 minutes and when I got to the cash, the cashier told me the SpringBlade shoes were not included in the Black Friday sale.  There was a tiny little star with exceptions, and the exceptions were the shoes I wanted and another pair of shoes.  So annoying!  So I didn't buy anything from Addidas.

Food this weekend ->
Went to Urban Turban on Friday for lunch with Ed and Quashif.  Their lamb is really good.  Lots of pieces with marrow :)  The fresh Naan bread is great too.
Urban Turban Plate.
Made steak with mushrooms and green beans.
Mmm... Steak.
Picked up some BBQ wings that were on sale at SuperStore for Grey Cup weekend.
BBQ Wings.

Useless Gaming News:
Friday night was 6-player gaming at Anthony's place.  We started with Tsuro and then King of Tokyo.
King of Tokyo.
We finished the night with a long game of Robo Rally.  In the weapon filled make with only 4 flags, I didn't pick up a single weapon and barely touched the 1st flag before the game was over.
Chaotic Robo Rally.

Saturday night we played at Brian's.  Started with Scarbrough Fair.  The instructions read like it was a good game, but it really isn't.  It was a throw-in game from The Captain is Dead, which we played next.  This game is similar to Pandemic where everyone has to play their role or we lose.  It also felt like it was a 1-player game as the group decides your moves.
Meh Captain is Dead.
Then we played Nobel Treachery.  This game is great and uber fun!  I need a copy.  It's a simple card and dice game, but every player's turn can change the result of the round dramatically.  There is so much chaos it's fun.  This is a one of my new favorite games.  I'll need to call Kobald's Korner and Comic Book Shoppe to see if they have the KickStarter versions.
Must Get Noble Treachery.

Useless TV News:
SPOILER ALERT!
OMG!  Walking Dead Finale!  I should have met Emily (aka Beth) at the Pop Expo!

No comments:

Post a Comment