Sunday, November 2, 2014

Weekend Report: Happy Halloween!

I set up my usual box of candy again this year.  It's been working well the past couple of years with the cheap candy (gum and lolipos), so this year I decided to give out chocolate. 
Mistake.
Full Candy Box.
I put the box out at 6pm and collected it empty at 9pm.  Every last piece was gone.  It wasn't like that before.  My trust in the local humanity is gone.  Next year, back to cheap stuff or nothing at all (like Ed).

Useless Halloween Stuff:
Susanna won best costume in her company's Halloween Costume Contest.  She was a dead girl.  It looked good.
Dead Girl Costume.

Food this weekend ->
Made red curry with chicken drum sticks, potatoes, and italian sausage.  I was going to eat it with Villagio bread, but I felt like I wanted rice to go with the rich coconut cream sauce.  So I made instant rice.
Red Curry with Chicken and Italian Sausage.

Ate leftover Canadian pizza Saturday.  I topped it with some Farmboy Garlic Sause and Sriracha.
Leftover Pizza.

Went to Baidu on Sunday.  The service was horrible: 
  • They didn't turn on the grill until the meat arrived.  
  • There was no paper and pen to make the order.  
  • Missing soy sauce and soy sauce dish for mixing the wasabi in.  
  • The waitress kept turning off our grill and we had to keep telling the waiter to turn it back on, then he would tell another waiter to do it?
  • The waiter kept bringing dishes we didn't order.
  • The tempura onion ring was disgusting.  It was raw white onion tempurafied but the tempura batter was soggy.  We ordered 4 but got 10 huge ones.  Didn't finish it.  Never order this!
  • The rare beef was rolled into curls and frozen.  It was super hard to unroll it.  Why would you roll it in the first place?  How do you cook a roll of meat on a flat grill?
The only good point was the short ribs was amazing (still not as good as mine, but semi-close.)
Short Ribs.
Eel Handroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment