Sunday, October 19, 2014

Weekend Report: Won $9

Food this weekend ->
Used the leftover 8 bean chili and made Chili Fries.  McCain 5 minute shoe string fries, with re-heated chili in the middle, surrounded by chopped avocado, and sprinkled with some chopped Havarti cheese.
Chili Fries.

Useless Lottery News:
I tried out the "NHL Lotto" on Saturday.  It's $2 to play.  First you pick a team and 5 numbers.  Then when the cashier process it, a player on the team you selected shoots 3 shots on a targetted net. Each target is worth different amounts.  A goalie from a random team tries to make saves.
I played twice.  I picked Montreal and New Jersey.  I won $7 on the MTL ticket and $2 on the NJ ticket.  Now I just need to check my 5 numbers to see if I win more money :)
NHL Lotto.

Useless Gamine News:
Got KickStarted "The Captain is Dead" in the mail.  It also came with "Scarborough Fair" and "Turbulence".  I didn't even know this shipped, until Brian told me on Thursday.  Then I got it the next day, while he still hasn't received his copy.
The Captain is Dead KickStarter.

4 player Gaming at Brian's Friday night.  We played Sleuth, a neat little detective guessing game.
Sleuth.
We also Desert Island and Steam Park.  Desert Island is a good cooperative game where each player must survive the desert while searching for water and flying ship pieces.  We died twice before winning in Game 3.
Steam Park is about building a 3D amusement park.  I had the early lead, but I mis-understood the rules and blew the lead. 
Steam Park.

Gaming at Jeff's Saturday night.  We played Flipping Frogs, Clack Clack Lumberjack, Wok Star, and Biblios.  The new game Wok Star is a fun cooperative game where you run a Chinese restaurant.  What's great about this game is that it doesn't feel like a 1 player game where 1 person takes control of everything.  Each person has his own role and makes the decisions on his turn.  This is enhanced with a short timed turn.
Blurry Wok Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment