Sunday, May 11, 2014

Weekend Report: Happy Mother's Day!!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

The family went to Fusion DimSum & Sushi for lunch on the weekend to celebrate Ben's Birthday and Mother's Day.  The menu had Chinese in it for all the items, so that helped alot with the ordering for my Grandparents.  Our table was filled with dishes as all the food arrived fast and at almost the same time.  The salmon rose sushi was very good as were the short ribs.
Full Table at Fusion.
Afterwards we had Limoncello cake.  Susanna made suspect egg tarts too.
Limoncello Cake and Egg Tarts.

Useless Comic News:
I went to the Ottawa Comic Con on Friday (cheapest day).  Nobody else wanted to go this year, so Julie went with me.  Looked like this year's con was bigger as it used up more floor space.  We noticed alot of people were dressed up as different Doctors from Doctor Who, Stormtroopers, and Attack on Titan characters.  There was also a couple dressed up as a really good Enzo and Andraia from Reboot, but the most unique costume was Ms.Friz from the Magic School Bus.  She looked just like her with alot of detail, and was carrying a mini-school bus and Lizzy.  One Doctor had a remote controlled K-9 too.
K-9
The autograph lines for Christopher Lloyd, Amanda Tapping, and Bruce Campbell were long.  I decided not to get Christopher Lloyd's autograph.  He was $60 for an autograph, and I wanted him to sign a Lego Delorean, but that would have cost me an additional $40 from PlayValue.
We stayed for few hours but I ended up getting nothing for myself.  I wanted to pick up a shirt, but nothing stood out to me, and most of the designs were the same as last year.  Julie did pick out her early birthday present that I got for her.  She wanted a Moonglow necklace.  The necklace has picture of the moon in the phase at her birth date and year.  It also glows in the dark.  It's actually really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment