Sunday, February 2, 2014

Weekend Report: Chinese New Year 2014

Food this weekend ->
Went to my parent's house for New Year's Eve prayers.  (Top-left corner is my handmade cakes.)
New Year's Eve Prayers.
After prayers we had a our usual New Year's Eve dinner.
New Year's Eve Dinner.

We also did Chinese New Year's prayers on Saturday to bring in the new year.
New Year's Prayers.
After these prayers, we ate lunch with the dishes.  The mix plate from T&T (BBQ Pork, Squid, Chicken, Duck, and Jellyfish) was much better than the one they made for New Year's Eve.
New Year's Lunch.
After lunch we ate the sweets I brought for New Year's.  They were mini Cupcake Chocolates and they were awesome!  I got these at Costco at Christmas time.  I wanted to get more, but they were sold out in 2 weeks.
Cupcake Chocolates.

I also picked up these dishes on the weekend.  The wings are 30 for $10 at SuperStore (on sale til Thursday).  I really like the smoky BBQ flavour.  I'll be getting some wings before the sale ends.  I got the braised fish and lobster from "Green Fresh".  I ordered the lobster in my Montreal style Cantonese and the server lady noticed and asked if I was from MTL.  I guess she liked that because she kept scooping lobster pieces into my dish so it was overflowing and had to use saran wrap to seal the lid down :)  I got alot of tail pieces too.
Wings, Fish, and Lobster.

Useless Gaming News:
Played some games at Jeff's house.  It must have been home field advantage, as Jeff, Linda and their son Everett who won most of the games we played.  Played Tsuro, King of Tokyo,
King of Tokyo.
Bohnanza, and Ticket to Ride: Africa.
Ticket To Ride: Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment