Sunday, February 9, 2014

Weekend Report: Born of the Gods

Food this weekend ->
Made Fish and Chips in the oven for lunch on Saturday.
Fish & Chips.

More traditional breakfast on Sunday: Toast and Eggs, if you can call it breakfast at 2 in the afternoon.
Eggs with Toast.

I was going out at lunch on Friday to pick up some Magic Cards, and I swung by Frank's Catering for a sandwich, eventhough it's in the opposite direction.  Only a 10 minute detour.  Got the #1 again, and it was put together really well, almost perfect (last time it was really messing), but with perfection it looked like it had less meat?  Maybe it's an illusion?
#1 Frank's Special.

Useless M:tG News:
Picked up 2 Booster boxes and 1 Fat Pack of the new Magic set: Born of the Gods.  Was thinking of picking up the Blue intro deck, but I only wanted 1 card out of it.  The other intro decks aren't that good either.
M:tG Born of the Gods.

Useless Gaming News:
Long day of gaming at Brian's house.  3 of us gamed in the afternoon until Gordon and Paul showed up after dinner.  It was probably too much for me as the smoke and dog allergies started getting to me later in the evening.
We stared with Dungeon Lords and we played it correctly this time.  This is a good game, but it plays long for some reason.  I won using a different tactic than last time :)
Dungeon Lords.
Next we played Merchants & Marauders.  Very long game, and I sort of got lost in what I could do.  I still don't know the rules after playing it twice.  Ben won fairly easily.
Merchants & Marauders.
After was Acquire.with 5 players.  This stock market game is really fun.  I think every game needs a random factor to make it more fun, and this game has it in spades.  We only played 1 game, but we should have played a second as we missed 1 rule and somehow messed up a board piece.  Brian gave up too early too, when the stock he was collecting was threatened to be taken over from another stock.  I find that Brian has a bad habit of giving up too easily when things don't go his way.  It gets annoying sometimes, and makes me feel like just wiping him out in the game, but that would just prove him right.
Piece 8-E is in the wrong spot early in Acquire.
Finally we finished with Last Night on Earth.  We played a new expansion with a new forest map.  Gordon was the zombie player and we got slaughtered by his amazing dice rolling.  I think we only played 5 rounds before it was over.
LNOE in the Forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment