Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Disappointing Lunch and Disappointing HLJ Service

Lunch today -> Kanata Noodle House.
Haven't had KNH in awhile.  Steve got Pad Thai with Chicken.  Looked good.
Chicken Pad Thai.

Ed got a large #42 Seafood with Egg Noodles in Chicken Broth.  We were laughing as there was only 1 mussel in the huge bowl.
Seafood Egg Noodle.

I got the usual large #15 Special.  It was only OK this time.  I was very disappointed because I didn't get any rare beef and the beef brisket pieces were small end pieces.  If I did get rare beef, it was fully over-cooked when the bowl got to me.  Next time I go, I'm going to ask for the rare beef on the side so I can add it myself.  I rate this visit a 2/5.  Very disappointing. 
#15 Special.
BTW: I was thirsty all afternoon and was hungry again around 2pm.  I should have gotten the pad thai as it would have been more filling.

Useless Toy News:
I got a package from HLJ.  Got some Japanese Bot Shot Transformers (aka Be Cool Transformers).  The paint details are way better than the US Bot Shots.
Japanese Bot Shots.
I also got Bandai discounted VGundam (not sure if that is the right name) and AKB0048's Nagisa Figure. 
Gundam and AKB0048 stuff.
Also in the box was only 1 AKB0048 Takamina towel.  I'm still pissed at HLJ for NOT being able to fulfill my pre-order on the other AKB0048 towels I had pre-ordered (Mayu, Maeda, and especially Yuko).  I had pre-ordered 2 of each at about $4 each, but now eBay has them for $20 each!  I should have pre-ordered these elsewhere (ie AmiAmi), but I wanted to use HLJ's Warehouse system.

No comments:

Post a Comment