Sunday, October 28, 2012

That's Lotsa Meatballs!

I saw on the news that a huge rain and wind storm is coming this way on Monday/Tuesday, and that New York City is shutting down Sunday night as a precaution!  The city that never sleeps, will sleep.
The news also said for Ontario and Quebec residents to prepare 3 days of food and water.
I wonder if this will affect Halloween Trick or Treaters?

Food this weekend -> Stuffed Meatballs.
I made a big batch of beef meatballs on Saturday and ate them all weekend.  I stuffed them with quail eggs, garlic, and water chestnuts.  I then egg washed, covered them with panko and deep fried them.  Yummy stuff :) 
The water chestnut gives them a nice crunch, but I should have chopped them into even smaller pieces.  Maybe I'll add rice next time I make it.
I made so many that I had to deliver some to Jeff's family and Susanna.

I plated some with rice, peas and corn, and lemon.  Freshly squeezed lemon is pretty good on the meatballs.
Lemon Style.
Plated another couple topped like takoyaki: tonkatsu sauce, mayo, and fish flakes.
Takoyaki Style.
Another batch with rice, cream of chicken soup and peas.
Soup Style
The takoyaki style was the best way.

Useless Idol news:
I got a package on Friday.  I got my Sasshi 2nd single CDs and the FreeCell magazine featuring Kasai Tomomi :)  Too bad Kasai's in the news for the wrong reasons lately, but maybe it'll turn out as media hype?

No comments:

Post a Comment