Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekend Report: Christmas Tree Broccoli

Spent a late Friday night and all day Saturday at my second home, CMC. The amount of last minute work Reza and I had to do this weekend seemed unbelievable, but I think we got it all done. A few more things to do on Monday, but the pressure should be off. I feel like I need a vacation.

Food this weekend ->
I marinated some rib fingers in Korean BBQ Sauce for 3 days. On Saturday night I boiled some and made stew out of it. It was so good :) The rib meat was really tender and soft, not chew like when I BBQ or roast them.


^ Rib Finger Stew.

Susanna and I went to the Farmer's Market at Lansdown Park on Sunday. I got some fresh Dynamite Rosemary and Garlic Artisan Bread. This one vendor had a long lineup for his bread. I figured it must be good, so I got it.
It goes well with stew too.


^ Artisan Rosemary & Garlic Bread.

We also saw this new Broccoli type: Romanesco Broccoli. What's so neat about it? Well it looks like a mini-Christmas Tree!


^ Christmas Tree Broccoli.
It's suppose to taste nutty. We didn't get one, but I think I'll get one next time to I'm there.

I found this promo ad at T&T :)


^ Colin Mockrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment