Sunday, May 13, 2018

Weekend Report -> Yakiniku


Didn't do very much this weekend.  I spent more time than I expected at work to get some things done, but I did get to have a little fun.  

Food this weekend ->
Made a lemon cheesecake with toasted coconut sprinkles on Saturday. 
Lemon Cheesecakes.
I had enough filling left to make 4 mini lemon cheesecakes.  Topped these with some fresh sliced strawberries instead of the coconut sprinkles.

I got really really bored Saturday night.  So I called up Julie and we went out for a late dinner at Yakiniku One on Merivale.  It's all you can eat Japanese BBQ.  A bit pricey bit really good, so only go if you are really hungry.  The service was excellent. 
Yakiniku.
The short ribs, squid, chicken hearts, and pork belly were the best items we grilled.  The other meats were good too, but these could have been overcooked and still be tasty with the charred bits.  Their fruit salad was excellent too.  Made for a nice pallet cleanser.  The lamb was so-so, and the beef tongue was way too chewy.  We ate soooo much meat :)
The Grill.

Useless Gaming News:
3-player gaming at Brian's Friday night.  Just Brian, Gordon, and myself.  We played Rescue Polar Bears (and we almost beat it).  We also played Sitting Ducks Deluxe and Rooster Rush
I like the duck game.  Simple but lots of randomness. 
Rooster Rush is a reaction game.  Quality was good, but the game is more geared towards kids.  We even made up our own rules the 2nd round of the first game.

No comments:

Post a Comment