Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Meow! That's Hot Tasting

When I was making my salt & pepper shrimp on the weekend, I had splashed hot oil on my fore-arm.  It hurt at first but I thought nothing of it until this morning, when one of the burn spots burst in the shower.  Now that spot is really tender.  Julie says it's a 3rd degree burn.
Oil Burns.

Lunch today -> Beef Empanada.
Lunch trucks started today at the Kanata Hub.  Only 1 truck today, but it was a good one.  It served Ecuadorian fusion food.  Peter, Katie, and I went today.  I got a beef empanada with guacamole. 
Very good.  The orange stuff is a spicy carrot salsa.
Beef Empanada.

Snack today -> Meow! That's Hot sauce tasting.
Becky's niece makes the local hot sauce called "Meow! That's Hot" and now they have their own bistro on Bank Street.  Becky brought in 4 sauces to try: Fire Kitty, Bengal burn, Siamese Sizzle, and Ghost Cat.  They all have a great taste and good heat, not like others where it all heat and no taste.  I really like the Bengal Burn and Ghost Cat.
Today's Hot Sauce Sampling.
The Bengal Burn is fruity and medium hot (to my taste).  We were discussing that this would be great in a burger or as a topping over cheesecake.
The Ghost Cat has ghost peppers in it, but I didn't find it that hot.  It has a nice sweet flavour and a good steady heat afterwards.  Definitely good with meat.

Useless TV News:
Watched the latest 2 episodes of iZombie tonight at Julie's place.  I think it is 1 more episode left this season.  Good news is that it got renewed for Season 5 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment