Thursday, May 10, 2018

Giant Nut

Useless Bird News:
Went out with Julie after work today to run errands and shop for her birthday present.  We were going to go to Kinaxis for the job fair and free food, but decided against it because of all the bad reviews and people I knew weren't going.  Anyways, while in the parking lot I saw a real red cardinal!  I've never seen one in real life.
Red Cardinal.

Dinner today -> Sansotei Ramen.
We went to Sansotei Ramen for dinner.  There was a short wait but it was worth it.  Julie got the Miso Black ramen.  I sampled the broth and a baby shitake mushroom.  The broth was very good with a nice peppery taste, and the mushroom was very soft and marinated in a sweet sauce (maybe mirin and light soy sauce?).  I'll have to get it next time.
I ordered the Tonkotsu Black.  The ramen bowl was delicious.  Broth was very flavourful, the egg was perfectly cooked, and meat was tender with a nice roast flavour.
Yummy Ramen.
Only drawback was that our table was very sticky.  They need to wash the tables more.

Useless Shopping News:
Julie and I went shopping at Value Village to see if they had any neat and cheap stuff.  Julie got some neat clothes and I found a giant nut!
Giant Nut.
It opens up to store normal nuts and has place holder for the nut cracker and nut picks.  Really cool and I had to buy it.  Plus it was only $4.99!
Nut Bowl and Tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment