Sunday, January 21, 2018

Weekend Report -> Lights, Gravel, and Plants

Useless Aquarium News:
Took Friday off.  When out shopping with Julie including a stop at Big Al's Aquarium Services.  Couldn't get any new tops for my aquarium, so I got a new light that fits it instead.  It's got built-in day mode, lunar mode, RBG colour selections, and a timer.  All of this is controlled by a remote control too.
New Light and Gravel.
Picked up a few bags of gravel too.  I went with a yellow-ish gravel this time.  It matches well with my warp pipes.
I went to Pet Smart on Sunday to get some plants, but there were only 2 good and healthy plants.  I want more, but I have to wait.  I've bought this type of plant before and it grows pretty fast.  Will need to get a backdrop to hide the tubes too (or maybe I can find a cool poster instead).
Added Plants.
I was planning on getting some fish as they were Buy 2 Get 1 Free at Pet Smart, but most of the ones on sale were gone.

Food this weekend ->
Julie and I went to The Fry in Barrhaven after shopping for a very late lunch.  We got a ton of food and the portions were huge: rice cakes with seafood and cheese, Korean garlic fries, half chicken with sauce, and half chicken with garlic & soy.  We also got free sides of sweet corn, pickled daikon, kimchi, and pasta salad.
The Fry Feast.
The tteok-bokki (rice cake) was very good.  Lots of everything in it and the cheese topping was so stringy :).  The garlic fries were sweet.  We were caught off-guard by the sweetness than the savoury.  They kind of smelled like playdoh, but tasted pretty good.  Huge portion too.
Rice Cakes and Garlic Fries.
The chicken was very good too.  Last time I was here with Ben, I got mostly boneless pieces, but this time every piece I ate had bone in it.
Half-and-Half Chicken Special.
We ate our fill, but I still took over half of the order home.  I ate it slowly over the whole weekend :)

I made some beef with gai lan in sauce on Saturday.  Haven't made this it in awhile.
Beef with Gai Lan.
Ate it over instant mushroom rice.  (I ate the leftovers over fresh white rice on Sunday.)
Beef with Gai Lan on Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment