Sunday, January 28, 2018

Weekend Report -> 2 More Charterstone Games Done.

Food this weekend ->
I made a big one-pot-meal of BBQ pork and rice in my rice cooker to eat most of the weekend.  Simple preparation: wash the rice, then top with sliced BBQ pork, and press START.  Mix it together when done.  It came out really delicious.
BBQ Pork Rice.

Tried out the Chalet Sauce Lay's chips.  They are pretty good.  I think I want more.  I haven't been to Swiss Chalet in a long time, but I think I recall it does taste like it's chicken gravy aka "chalet sauce".
Chalet Sauce Lay's Chips.

Useless Gaming News:
Went over to Gen's place Saturday night to play 5-player Charterstone (would have been 6-player but Julie didn't want to play).  Really good worker placement, victory point scoring, legacy-type game, where you're in competition with the other players, but it's not cut-throat.  Depending on what each player builds, what development trees are opened, if the king is good or evil, and who wins each game; everyone's campaign will evolve differently and differen't player pieces come out (and I don't think you can open everything).  We are 3 games in and everything we unlock changes the game in unique and fun ways.

On Sunday, I decided to get Monster Hunter World on PS4.  Never played Monster Hunter before, but I know all about it from the Japanese toys.
Monster Hunter World.
It's pretty good so far.  Took me an hour to create how my character looks, and promptly dumped a helmet on his head, covering up everything I did.  But I later found an option to make my helmet hidden.  Only finished the first 2 quests and did a bit of exploring to get more materials to upgrade equipment so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment