Sunday, December 3, 2017

Weekend Report -> Montreal Business Trip

Was in Montreal from Thursday to Saturday.  Went there for work and for my boss's retirement lunch.   Stayed at the Airport Courtyard Marriott.  The room was pretty nice.  Seemed to be exactly like the same layout from the last time I was there, except my window now faced the front of the hotel.  I preferred that it faced the highway so I could watch the rush hour traffic clear up before going out.
Hotel Room.
Bathroom was nice too.  The shower head had the water flowing like a waterfall.  I think I might get my shower head changed to be like this.

Hotel Bathroom.

Food this weekend ->
For my boss's retirement lunch, we went to a Greek place called "Au Vieux Duluth".
Started with an excellent soup.  A creamy tomato based soup with bits of vegetables and rice.
Excellent Soup.
For my meal I got the hamburger steak.  It was pretty good, but most of my plate was salad.  My hamburg also had a bone chip in it.  The soup was better than this plate.
So-So Hamburger Steak.

For dinner, I got Scores Rotisserie both nights I was in Montreal.  It's too bad Scores closed in Ottawa, because the 2 leg meal is an awesome meal. 
On the Thursday night after I ordered my take-out and had a seat; some guy came in, looked at the menu, and then asked the waitress "Do you have fish and chips?"  I was laughing in my head "Why would you ask for fish from a chicken restaurant!?!?"  The waitress also had a weird face and said "No".  That's when my food came, so I don't know what that guy ordered.
Scores 2-Leg Meal.
Washed it down with my favorite Orange Maison drink.  I thought they stopped making this, but I found it at Adonis!  I bought the "without pulp" by accident.  I thought "sans" meant "with", but it meant "without".  I bought 4 more bottles (with pulp) before going home on Saturday.

Lunch at CMC's cafeteria on Friday was Montreal Smoked Meat.  Can't really tell in the pic, but it was a big portion of smoked meat in the container.  There was also some wedge fries, pickles, and bread.  I should have taken more bread as there was too much meat for just the 2 slices.
Smoke Meat Lunch.

I made an omelette rice for lunch on Sunday.  The rice was the new instant jambalaya rice.  Folded it with a 3 egg omelette and topped it with some garlic aioli.  Had some slices of Montreal smoke meat from Farmboy with it.
Omelette Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment