Sunday, October 22, 2017

Weekend Report -> Cooking at 2am.

Food this weekend ->
Made a roast beef on Saturday night.  I had taken a nap after getting home, but woke up around 11pm and felt like cooking a roast.  I finished it at 2am.
Cooking at 2am.
It came out much better than last time.  I dry rubbed it with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and dry rosemary.  I surrounded it with mini yellow potatoes, organic carrots, and a really big red onion.  Dressed the veggies with leftover rub and olive oil.  I didn't use a rack to raise the meat this time.  This way the veggies got to soaked in the drippings.
Finished Roast Beef and Veggies.
It doesn't look like it in the pic, but roast came out a nice medium.  I let it cool over night before cutting it.
Medium Roast Beef.

Useless Garden News:
The lavender (I think it's lavender) in my garden exploded with growth during this warm week. 
Garden Growing and Dying.
My cherry tomatoes are still growing, but a large patch of it took alot of frost damage.  I'd say my cherry tomato plant is at 40/100 hit points left.

Useless Toy News:
This is the balloon I got Katie for her birthday.  It's a cube balloon.  Got it at the Party City on Merivale/Hunt Club where the price and selection is way better than the Party Mart at Centrum.
Katie's Birthday Balloon.
Steve got jealous, so now I have to get him a balloon on his birthday.

Found Blitzwing and Slugslinger at Kanata Toys R Us on Sunday.  I should have went Saturday night, when Octane was there too; and I would have gotten 10% off with my R Club membership.
Blitzwing and Slugslinger.

No comments:

Post a Comment