Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Buttery Gravy Flavour

Lunch today -> Soup, Chips, and Pears.
Tried some Chunky Beef soup.  It wasn't good.  I think there were only 4 pieces of meat in the whole can.  The rest was weird tasting carrots and plain potatoes.
Got the mini pears from Reza.  He picked them from his pear tree in his backyard.  These pears were soft, juicy and sweet.
Lunch.
Tried out the "mystery flavour" Pringles.  It was very good and savoury.  I didn't know what the flavour is at first, but it tasted like a very buttery gravy mix.  When I looked it up, the flavour was "Philly cheese steak".  I think I will get some more from Sobey's before it disappears.

Dinner today -> Schwartz's Montreal Smoke Meat.
Found frozen Schwartz's at Costco the other day.  I bought a box.  It was $17.99 for 6 packs of meat.  I made a pack in the microwave.  It only takes 1:30 to cook, but it was still frozen in the middle.  I nuked it for another minute and it was good.  Bought some rye bread from Sobey's and added some butter and yellow mustard.  Topped 5 slices of rye with 1 and 1/2 slices of meat.
Costco Schwartz's
The meat was OK.  You can tell it was machine sliced thin and wasn't fatty enough.  Real Schwartz is much better than this.  This seems to be more like Ruben's style of smoke meat (aka not as good at Schwartz).

Useless Transformers/DVD News:
Found the new Seaspray mini-bot at Walmart.  Didn't find Cosmos or the new Titan Masters.  BUT Ben found the Titan Masters for me at the Super Walmart.
Seaspray and Ranma 1/2 DVDs.
I also picked up the Ranma 1/2 OVA & Movie collection from Walmart.  I was missing this from my Ranma DVD collection and never got around to ordering it.  It's different packaging from the rest of my set, but I can live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment