Monday, June 15, 2015

Weekend Report: Strike Fighters Tournament Champs!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FONGPAY!!!

Yep.  My birthday on Sunday.  Went to Rideau Restaurant with the family.  We ordered 9 dishes + fish maw soup.  (Fish dish not shown.)
Rideau Birthday Dinner.
Then we ate cake.  Black Forest cake from Loblaws.  I prefer the basic version.  The fancy versions from bakerys are not as good.  They taste like they "try too hard", but aren't that good.  They just look good.
Birthday Cake.

Useless Softball News:
The CMC Strike Fighter's softball team won the Tier D consolation bracket tournament this Saturday.  We "two-peated" as champs.  Friday's game got rained out, which meant we had to play 5 games in 1 day to win it.  I got up at 6am to play our 1st game at 8am.  We finished at 10pm. 
Game #1: 8am game vs FP Edge.  We barely lost the game 8-6.  But history shows that we always lose our Sat AM game.  Just means we like taking the more difficult route to win :).  I hit 2-for-3 with a double and a single.
Quick breakfast/snack at Quitters coffee shop.  Really nice place in Stittsville.  There is even hardwood on the ceiling!  I got a lemonade and a croissant.
Breakfast.
Game #2: 11am game vs Rockwell Collins.  We had just played them on Monday night, but they had a new pitcher.  It was a pitchers duel.  Mark our pitcher was getting alot of strikeouts as was their pitcher, but our defence was better.  We beat them 11-2.  I hit 1-for-3, with a double.  I also stuckout once too.  Denise struck out 3 times!
We went to Main St. Pub for a lunch.  I had ordered cold nachos and salsa, but I didn't know that they were going to give us complimentary hot nachos with cheese, meat sauce, and salsa.  My order sucked compared to what they gave us.
Stefano's hand...
Game #3: 2pm game vs Da Knobs.  We easily lost to them 19-6 (maybe more as we weren't keeping track after 4 innings).  They are just a team built to hit home runs.  I hit 1-for-1, with a single before getting hurt.  I pulled something in my calf going to 2nd on the next batter.  I then hurt it more running home on the play after that.  I was finished.  I could walk abit, but couldn't squat to catch, or push off to run.  I found out later that I can't go down stairs either.  Almost fell down on the 1st step down.
Game #4: 5pm game vs Saved by the Balls.  Close back and forth match the whole game and we had to play 2 extra innings before we finally won 13-12.  It helped that we called up Andrew to spare on our team.  He was fresh and his defence in the outfield helped alot.
Mark Pitching.
Denise Batting.
Game #5: 8:30pm game vs BeerFeasters.  The final game started off close but we pulled away with 2 big innings and won 17-9.  Great game by our team even though we were really tired to play our 5th game of the day. 
I went to the LCBO before the finals and got a couple bottles of strawberry champagne, incase we needed it; and we did :)  The champagne was really good and sweet.
Celebration Champagne Empties.

1 comment: