Sunday, June 28, 2015

Weekend Report: Non Stop Eating

Food this weekend ->
Got Franks on Friday for lunch.  So much meat :)  I ate half and was satisfied.  Saved the other half for dinner.

Relatives were visiting on Saturday.  We started with a late lunch at the Chinese Buffet on Merivale.  Too bad 2 tour buses showed up right when we started to get food.  They wiped out most of the dishes!  My 1st plate was light.
Buffet Plate #1
I used most of it to put together my congee bowl.
Congee Bowl
Tried to time my food runs between big crowds, but I ended up eating alot of fried wings and BBQ chicken feet.  I wanted to make another congee bowl, but the soup pot was emptied!
Plate #2

Afterwards we went to my parent's place for dessert. 
1st Dessert.
Dino made cookies with cornflakes.  They are really good.  I need the recipe.
Cornflake Cookie.

Then we went to Henry's place for BBQ dinner.  There was so much good food: (from the top) corn, shrimp/scallop/beef tendon mix, sausages, soy sauce wings finished with Camp41 BBQ sauce, rib steak, salmon, salmon #2, rib steak #2, shirmp/scallop/beef tendon mix #2, wings #2, mango/sweet pepper salad. 
Meaty BBQ.
As you can see, lots of good meat dishes, but most of us were kind of full from lunch still.  I couldn't pack down as much as I wanted to too.  My eyes were hungry, but my stomach wasn't.

Then killed some watching women's FIFA and playing King of Tokyo.  Ben won 4 games in a row.
King of Tokyo.

Finally dessert: fruits, cookies, Black Forest Cake, and Frutti Bosco Cake (from MTL).  The Frutti Bosco cake was really good.
Final Dessert.

I fell asleep early around 1am because I was tired from being so full.  I didn't eat again until Sunday 4pm, also when I finally got out of bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment