Sunday, July 6, 2014

Weekend Report: Rice Cooker Pancake Works.

Got my hair cut from my normal place "DanAldo's", but this time it seemed it was shorter than normal?  Maybe it's just me but I thought the sides were too short.
Missed out on gaming this weekend too.  I forgot my phone at home when I went to work and shopping on Saturday.

Food this weekend ->
I made 2 meals with my rice cooker this weekend. 
First I made a rice cooker pancake.  I used Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Pancake mix.
Pancake Mix.
It turned out pretty well.  After pressing down the sides abit, the pancake falls right out.
Fresh Rice Cooker Pancake.
It was abit dense, but not bad.  Felt like it needed something to make it abit sweeter.
Sliced it up like pizza and topped with butter and syrup.  Maybe next time I'll just mix the butter and syrup in the rice cooker too.
Pancake Sections.

The 2nd rice cooker dish was fish rice.  I followed a similar recipe from HKT48 no Odekake! (episode 27).
I made rice using a broth of 1 part soy sauce, 1 part mirin, and 2 parts rice wine + water to the right level.  Topped it with a can of salmon (forgot to get fresh fish when I was out).
Fish Rice Done.
When done, I mixed the fish into the rice and added abit of oil.  The show added edamame but I didn't have any in the freezer.  It taste good like this, but I don't think it's everyone's taste.  It's fishy, but a good fishy.
Fish Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment