Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pulled Pork Poutine

Lunch today -> Pulled Pork Poutine
I checked out Big D's Dog House and Poutine Emporium on Ed's recommendation.  It's a food truck on Hazeldean between Kanata and Stittsville (near Cabottos ). 
Big D's Truck (Ed's pic).
Good selection and big portions for a good price.  I got the Pulled Pork Poutine, medium (ladies) size for $9.  It was a big portion and the box was heavy.  It had a good amount of pulled pork and the cheese was also layered between the fries.  The poutine was good.  The fries could be more crispy before.  Maybe it was just my box, but after eating half, I found an aftertaste in the fries that hinted a unique "smokiness".  I didn't like it very much, but Ed liked it.  I'll give them another shot, as it might just be today's batch.
Pulled Pork Poutine.

Useless TV News:
I watched the ending of Sharknado 2 tonight.  Alot of cameos and how Iain Zierinig's character survived the sharknado was stupidly hilarious.  I'll didn't know it was on, so I'll have to check the re-run later tonight or I think it is repeated on the weekend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment