Sunday, June 24, 2012

Weekend Report: Ribs Overload

Useless Gaming New:
Ben, Jeff, and I played "Eaten by Zombies" and "RoboRally".
"Eaten by Zombies" is like "Dominion" but with a survival twist.  I think it was pretty fun, but I just re-read the rules today and found out we played a couple parts wrong.  I killed all the zombies and was the only survivor in game 1 for the win, and Ben won game 2 by 1 card over both Jeff and myself.
In game 1 of "RoboRally", we got jammed up in the side of the board, but I zipped away and got the win.  On the 2nd map Ben got the win easily, while Jeff and I were have trouble with the conveyor belts.

Food this weekend ->
Jeff and Linda got me an ice cream birthday cake.  It was really delicious!  The ice cream was really soft and the cake portion at the bottom was moist.  I think it is better than DQ's ice cream cake.
Ice Cream Cake.

Ben, Susanna, and I went to the Ribfest Saturday morning.  We hit 4 places for Ribs, Chicken, and Pulled Pork.

We got Pulled Pork from Bibbs and Camp 31.
Bibb's Pulled Pork.
Bibbs was really moist and sweet.  The portions of meat was really generous too.  We ranked it better than Camp31.

We got Chicken from Bibbs and Camp 31.  Again Bibbs was really moist and the sauce was really tasty.
Fongpay Ranked Best Chicken and Pulled Pork.

We got Ribs from the top 3 rib places last year: Billy Bones, Camp31, and Uncle Sam's.
Ribs Galore!

After all the sampling, we ranked Camp31 with the best ribs.  They were moist and had a sweet, slightly spicy, and a little smoky sauce.
Fongpay Ranked Ribs 1st Place.

We ranked Uncle Sam's 2nd.  The ribs were super juicy, but the sauce was not as good as Camp31.
Fongpay Ranked Ribs 2nd Place.

We ranked last year's winner, Billy Bones, with 3rd place.  They were good, but the sauce was abit too spicy and smokey.
Fongpay Ranked Ribs 3rd Place.

Even after eating ribs and meat all weekend, I had more meat.  I had to cook a steak that was going to go bad soon.  I had it with some mini-bagels with cream cheese.
Steak and Mini-Bagels.

No comments:

Post a Comment