Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year!!!

Happy New Year everyone. This year is the Year of the Tiger. Went home for a New Year's prayers and dinner, that my mom made.


^ New Year's Prayer Food and Setup.


^New Year's Dinner.

I'm watching alot of TVB's Gourmet Secret Agent Season 5. The show is FREE on Multicultural On Demand (Rogers channel 800). It's about a fat guy (Liang Wen Tao) and 2 cute & perky girls (Meini Cheung and Grace Wong) traveling around Asia and eating awesome gourmet dishes. They also show how the dishes are prepared and cooked too.


^ Gourmet Secret Agent Season 5.

I will have to steal some of those chef's ideas and techniques for my food. It doesn't matter if you do or don't understand Cantonesse, this is a series that must be watched (Free On Demand until April or click link above for limited viewing). If this was still available on YesAsia (my usual order site), I would have ordered all 5 seasons.
NOTE: Season5 Episode 2: shows how to make my new favorite dessert, Portugeese Egg Tarts! I'm no good at making desserts, so maybe someone would watch and learn how to make it for me *cough*Linda*cough* ;)
WARNING: Watching this show may cause stomach growls, drooling, and extreme urges to order Chinese food.

Olympics have started. Can't help by watch some of it, as it's on almost every TV channel. I'm waiting for moguls and mens hockey to start.
UPDATE:
Damn! I missed the Mens Freestyle Moguls finals, because I was watching Homer and Marge win Gold in Curling at the Vancouver Olympics, on a new episode of The Simpsons!

Useless Idol News:
Japan's CDTV's "Vote for Your Favorite Female Artist as Your Sweetheart", Valentines Day poll results:


^ CDTV's Favorite Female Artist Sweetheart. (link if video doesn't work)
(Youtube rip)
Notables:
#20 Oshima Yuko (AKB48)
#18 Michishige Sayumi (Morning Musume)
#14 Kamei Eri (Morning Musume)
#11 Kiyoe Yoshioka (Ikimono-gakari)
#6 Maeda Atsuko (AKB48)
#5 Tanaka Reina (Morning Musume)
#4 Takahashi Ai (Morning Musume)
#3 YUI
#2 Kashiwagi Yuki (AKB48)

4 out of 8 Morning Musume members make the top 20, while 3 AKB48 members make it. I'm surprised that Yukirin (#2) beat out Acchan (#5) and Ai-chan (#4)!

No comments:

Post a Comment