Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Staycation Ends

Vacation over and back to work today.  I had to be in for 7:30am too.  I was being audited so early in the morning.  It was extra tough since I've been going to bed around 3-4am and waking up at noon for the past few days.

Food on Staycation ->
I made a big pot of stew using leftover rib bones from the prime rib roasts I made the week before.  I boiled and cooled the rib and rib meat for 2 days so I could get all the meat to fall off and to get all the gelatin from the bones out.  Then I added cubed up leftover roast meat, onions, garlic, mini potatoes, and carrots.  I took a pic but it came out really dark?
I was eating this stew most of the staycation but towards, I had reboiled it so much that the meat started to fall apart and become super tender.  I also added some red pepper paste and ramen to it to change it up.  This pic turned out better.
Ramen Stew.

I also had some middle of the night trips to McDonalds.  I discovered that the Monopoly pieces do NOT come on medium fries in the combo.  They only come on large fries.
Big Mac Combo.

Made eggs one night with toast and a slab of smoked salmon from Montreal.  The salmon was from the Jean-Talon market.  It was really good.  It was also expensive, but Ben paid :)  Found no bones in it either.
Smoke Salmon, Eggs, and Toast.

Went to KNH for lunch with Ed and Steve today.  It was cold outside today so Ed and I got soup dishes.  I got my "can't-go-wrong" Pho #15 medium.  It's got a little bit of everything and totally hit the spot.
Pho #15 Medium.

Useless TV News:
Watch the first episode of the new DC "Titans" TV show.  I'm liking it so far and I want to see what happens with Robin the 2nd episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment