Thursday, December 4, 2014

Alfredsson

Today was Daniel Alfredsson Day in Ottawa.  Alfie came back and retired as an Ottawa Senator.
Alfredsson in Pre-game Warmup.

Snack today -> Christmas Snacks.
Bob's wife made an amazing Christmas spread for everyone at CMC today.  I got in to work in the morning and found this awesome sweets buffet!  I tried to sample everything :)  It was all good, but the peanutbutter squares and the banana walnut bread were the best.  Thanks Bob!
Christmas Dessert Spread.

Useless Food News:
I picked up some Finger Limes from Loblaws.  They were a surprise find in the exotic fruit section.  These Finger Limes were expensive.  A box of 12-14 limes for $10, but totally worth it.  The box calls it "Cirton Caviar" because when you cut it in half and squeeze, the pulp gushes out in little balls like caviar or flying fish roe. 
Finger Lime gushing out.
When you bite and "pop" them, it's like a burst of lime juice.  I put it on some shrimp I defrosted.  Tastes great.  Good by themselves too, but it's an expensive fun snack.
Finger Limes on Shrimp.

Useless Idol News:
AKB48 members performed at the FNS show yesterday.  They performed a bunch of songs, but I liked KFC the most.  I don't think Rie was there.  Too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment