Sunday, August 11, 2013

Weekend Report: T&T Night Market

Food this weekend ->
I went to the T&T Night Market on Friday night with Ben and meet Gordon and Judy there.  I went again on Saturday night with Susanna.  There was alot of food stalls and people.
Ben waited 30mins for some lamb sticks.  They were made the traditional way over coals.  They tasted pretty good.
Lamb Sticks over Coals.
There was also a seafood grill tent with Lobster, mussels, scallops, and whelks.
Grilled Seafood.
I got some Whelks.  They were good, but it needed garlic butter.
BBQ Whelk.
I also got some popcorn chicken and deep fried squid tubes.
Popcorn Chicken and Squid Tube.
Ben got some takoyaki, but it wasn't good.  It was also $5 for 6!  (No pic, doesn't deserve one.)
Susanna got a "Hokkaido style" squid on a stick. It was good.  It was $10 on Fri, but $8 on Sat.  Then at 11pm Sat, they were $5.
Squid Stick.
The big hit of the festival was the Hong Kong style Smelly Tofu.
Smelly Tofu Flag.
It smelled like sewer mixed with smelly socks mixed with egg fart.  I think the smell stuck to my hair or shirt.  I kept smelling it on the walk back to the car. 
The line up for this smelly tofu was the longest.  I think the line moved slower than the lamb sticks.  I wanted to try it, but I didn't have a patience to wait.
The older Chinese ladies in line were saying to each other, "The smellier the better!" and "This is the best!". 
Smelly Tofu Tent.

I also made steak with seared bak choi.
Steak.
It was so good, I made it again and added a couple cucumber sticks.  BTW: Steak is on sale at Sobey's.
Steak (part 2).

No comments:

Post a Comment