Monday, August 5, 2013

Long Weekend Report: Lots of Seafood

Left work on Friday to this horrible sight. 
Big Bird Poop!
It must have been one big seagull that bombed my car!  It was a huge splat!  Good thing it rained hard this weekend to clean it off.

Food this weekend ->
Bought a bag of Dungeness Crab from Walmart.  It was on sale this week.  I boiled/steamed them and ate this bowl while watching some Korean Running Man episodes.  I'm up to episode 26 now.
Dungeness Crab.

Got some fresh Salmon from Loblaws.  It was on sale too.  Topped it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dill.  Then I pan fried it butter.  I spooned butter over it to cook the top without flipping the fish.  It was really good.
Butter Salmon Fillet.
Later, I thought the spoon had cooled down, so I put it in my mouth to clean it off and burned my lips!

I also bought some meat buns...
Meat Buns.
and a cooked Tilapia fish.  The fish was really good.  Only $4 too from the Asian Green Fresh grocery store.  I kind of want more.  Too bad it's so far away.
Cooked Whole Tilapia.

Ben came back from MTL on Monday.  I asked him to get me a Nutella Crepe cake from Les Delices Lafrenaie.  He picked up a small cake and we divided it into thirds.  I took a third, Ben took a third, and we gave the last third to Jeff/Linda to try.  So many delicious layers.
1/3 Nutella Crepe Cake
I don't think the small cake is worth the money.  You have to get the large.

Useless Transformers News:
Picked up these cards from an Ottawa seller on eBay. 
Latest TF Optimum Cards.

Useless Gaming News:
Did some 4 player gaming at Brian's house.
Brian and I played "For the Win" while waiting for Gordon and Paul.  Neat little game with alot of strategy.
For the Win Tile Game.

Then we played 4 player Neuroshima Hex.  It's a neat game but totally random and unbalanced.  Brian was on my team and gave up early, but I continued on.  We turned it around and started winning.  When Paul and Gordon had no chance soon after, they gave up.  I think is an OK game, but not something I would play often.
Neuroshima Hex.

Next was the old Dune board game from 1979.  It's OK.  Some rules aren't clear, and alliances unbalance the game.  Some parts seem similar to Game of Thrones board game where you use a leader in battles.  I'm willing to try this again, but I didn't find it that interesting. 
Dune.

To close out the night we played a basic game of Guilds of Cadwallon.  Only 1 round of the basic game, but it should be better next time when we use the contracts and random conditions.  I like the game as it's a fast simple strategic game.
Guilds of Cadwallon.

No comments:

Post a Comment