Sunday, August 18, 2013

Weekend Report: Baby Rabbit, Where Art Thou?

I was mowing the lawn in the backyard on Friday and ran over a tiny baby rabbit (I ran it over with the tire not the blades).  The rabbit was the size of my palm.  It must have been a new born as the eyes were still closed.  It was crawling in circles slowly after I stunned it. 
Tiny Baby Rabbit.
I texted Marc if he wanted the rabbit, but he didn't.  I came back outside 2hrs later and the baby rabbit was gone!  I hope the mom saved it and not a bird had it for lunch.

Food this weekend ->
I threw this Garlic Butter Mussel Rice together late Friday night.  Frozen mussels from Walmart and some instant microwave rice.
Garlic Butter Mussel Rice.

I steamed some rice with some chicken thighs in it.  After it was cooked, I took the chicken out and cubed up the meat and put in some butter chicken sauce.  It was really good, since the rice was infused with the chicken juices and the butter chicken added the extra punch.
Butter Chicken on Chicken Rice.

Went to Arum Dolsot Cafe for Korean Dinner with Gordon, Judy, and Ben.  We got a bunch of Korean dishes to share.
Onion Pancake and Rice Sticks with Fish Cake.
Sweet and Sour Pork Korean Style.
What I was there for was for the bibimbap dish. 
Bibimbap.
The bowl roasts the rice and keeps the food hot after you mix it all together to eat.  Gordon, Judy, and I got this dish.  This article describes the bibimbap really well.
Bibimbap after Mixing.
Ben got a cold soba dish.
Cold Soba Soup.

BBQ at my parents house.  We made BBQ chicken, short ribs in Korean BBQ sauce, and short ribs in Sensations BBQ sauce.  We wrapped some rib meat in leaf lettuce and cucumber sticks.
BBQ.
Ben bought Butter Tarts from Frank's Catering for dessert.  Gordon and Judy recommended the place to us for subs and butter tarts.  Ben got Lemon, Raspberry, and Maple Walnut flavours.  I like the maple walnut the best.
Frank's Butter Tarts.

Useless Gaming News:
Before eating Korean food.  Ben, Gordon, and I played some multiplayer Magic.  We haven't played Magic in awhile.  I lost every game.  I kind of expected it, as my decks are always a threat.
We also played Rumble in the House with Judy,
Rumble in the House.
and Betrayal at House on the Hill.
Betrayal at House on the Hill.

Useless Transformers News:
I bought 3 boxes of Transformers Optimum cards off eBay and got them on Friday. 
The 1st box had no autographs and 2 sketches, and they were only OK sketches
The 2nd box had no autographs, 1 sketch, 1 comic card, and 1 relic.  The relic was a good one, because the material and some stitching rather than just plain cloth.
The 3rd box had 1 sketch and only 1 autograph, BUT the autograph was the super rare Leonard Nimoy!!!  Whoo hoo!  I was really disappointed with these boxes until I pulled the Nimoy.
TF Sketches and rare Nimoy Autograph!

No comments:

Post a Comment