Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekend Report: Year of the Snake

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!

It's the year of the Snake this year.  Yeah, SNAKE!!!  Whoo! :)  As you can tell I'm snake.  (Thanks Brian for the pic)
Cobraaaaa!!!

Food this weekend ->
I had snowstorm Friday off.  I did some shopping at Walmart and Super Store then picked up Pho #15XL from KNH on the way home.  It's been awhile since I had it and I was so stuffed when I finished it :)
KNH Pho #15.

I also picked up a 1 lb female lobster for a late dinner (on sale at Super Store til Thurs).  I just boiled it in garlic salt water.  Not much lobster roe in this one.
I was going to make red curry with lobster, but I'll do it later this week.
Lobster.

For Chinese New Year on Saturday, I prepared 38 stuffed mussels (truly stuffed, not pre-cooked and topped with stuff).  I used a knife to slide between the shells and slice the white muscle that keeps the shell shut.  Then I stuffed them with cheese and sausage while it was alive!
Truly Stuffed Mussels in Progress.
Re-closed the shell and wrapped it shut using some wire.  Normally BBQed, but I baked them at 450F for 9 mins.  It was alot of work  but I think they were really good.  Might do this again, but only with large mussels.
38 Stuffed Mussels.

My mom made and ordered Chinese New Year dishes on Saturday.  The tofu soup with abolone is the best dish.
Chinese New Year Dishes.

At midnight we did prayers and ate vegetarian dishes.  This stuff is really good.
Vegetarian Dishes.

Useless Transformers News:
Picked up the New Bot Shot Dragon Track playset at Centrum Walmart.  Also got my missing #41 Kre-O pack.
New BotShots Playset and Kre-O #41.

Useless Gaming Info:
Gavin was in town this weekend, so we got together for a couple hours and played 3-player Magic.  I upgraded my millstone deck to use.  I pulled off a Mind Grind for 8 and left Gavin with 4 cards in his deck.  Gavin killed me with Earthquake, and it was down to Ben and himself.  Nothing happened until the last turn where Ben was at 1 life, Gavin at 15 and Gavin only had 1 card left to draw.  The last card he drew was Burning Wish and wished for Fireball and killed Ben.  Unbelievable. (BTW, I would have won the game if I Mind Grinded for 9)
Magic Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment