Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekend Report

Happy Birthday Ethan!!!
(for those in the pool, aka Chuck Norris)

So Steve really was sick on Wednesday and Thursday last week. That's too bad. I thought he was at home baking some fresh, home-made apple pies for me :)
Since he wasn't making apple pies, I went and got a mini-apple pie from FarmBoy.


^ Mini-Apple Pie.
Looks good, but it only tasted ok. The apples were still crunchy and abit sour. The top of the pie is a crumble. I prefer soft apples with more sweetness in an apple pie filling, and a regular pie top. Probably won't get it again.

Went out for Sushi with the family, at Hockey Sushi.
I forgot to take pics until most of the food was already eaten. I guess I was too hungry for sushi, but I got a shot of the sashimi and Ben's Udon. The Spice Tuna hand-roll was really good (no pic).


^ Sashimi Plate and Beef Udon.

Other stuff I ate this weekend:


^ Leftover Spaghetti and Fruits.

Useless M:tG News:
The newest Magic set was released on Friday. It's called Scars of Mirrodin. I got 2 Booster boxes and a Fat Pack.
I'm disappointed with the rares I got. There were a few I really wanted that I didn't get. I'm actually surprised I didn't get atleast 1 of each rare!
I also didn't get a few mythic rares I wanted, including Elspeth, the red planeswalker, Mox Opal, and the Wurmcoil Engine.


^ Scars of Mirrodin Cards.
I think I'm going to get another booster box.

BTW: IMO Red is by far the weakest colour in this set. The strongest is either Black or Green.

FYI: I think the most useful card in the set is: Necrogen Censor. It's common artifact too!


^ Necrogen Censor.
3 colourless mana to do 4 damage to player. Atleast 1 of these will be going into every one of my decks that doesn't have direct damage. Sometimes I just need that 1 or 2 damage to finish, and this will do it and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment