Sunday, October 24, 2010

Weekend Report - Auction

Susanna, Ben, and I went to an auction on Saturday in Carp. It was really cool. There were alot of furniture, bed room sets, dinning table sets, sofas, jewelry and paintings, but only 2 TVs. The auctioneer was pretty fast, but was good.

The TVs were 42" Samsung Plasma TVs with 3D capability. They only went for $650 and $425! My starting (and ending) bid was $200.


^ 42" Plasma TV.

I also wanted to win one of these Grandfather Clocks.


^ Grandfather Clocks.
I was hoping one might be haunted and give it to Susanna as a house warming gift :P The clocks went for $650 and $850

I also wanted this Precious Metal and Stone Globe. It was worth $400 and went for only $80. I was only willing to go up to $50.


^ Precious Metal and Stone Globe.

Multi-piece sofas, dinning table sets, and bedroom sets went for super cheap.
A wooded dinning table and 6 chair set I was eyeing went for only $650. That less than $100 for each piece! It had a lazy-susan built into the center of the table too.
An 8 chair and wooden table set went for $900

Other items of note:
- large rugs went for about $200,
- limited edition framed prints from Tom Thompson (Group of Seven) about $30-100,
- 3 piece reclining sofa sets for about $1200,
- new queen/king size pillow mattress and box for about $400,
- 7 piece wooden king size bedroom set $1600.

My plan is to hit more auctions. These deals are too awesome. We did win a few items, but I can't reveal them as they will be Christmas presents :)

Will and Thi also dropped by my house on Saturday night. I didn't even know they were in town. They brought me some Lindt chocolate.


^ Lindt Chocolate.

Dinner this weekend -> Roast Potatoes and Sweet Potatoes with meat.
I roasted some normal potatoes and sweet potatoes in the oven. The sweet potatoes turned out really good and perfectly cooked and were sweet. The potatoes were abit under-cooked in the middle.


^ Roast Potatoes and Sweet Potatoes.

I had the potatoes with a Lambchop in 1 meal and sliced steak in another.


^ Potatoes and Meat Meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment