Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Pitiful Double Leg Meal

Dinner today -> Swiss Chalet (Kanata)
Got Swiss Chalet for dinner today.  I got a "Double Leg Meal", as I wanted to compare to Scores and Benny & Co.  I was so surprised when I opened up the meal.  It was the most pitiful chicken legs I've ever seen!  They were so small!  The thigh part was on the small side, but the leg part was tucked under and wasn't even as long as the thigh!  I didn't think it was going to score under Benny & Co, but Swiss Chalet did, and did so spectacularly.
Pitiful Chicken.
This was from the Kanata Swiss Chalet location.  This was my second chance for them, and now I'm never going back to the Kanata location.  The first chance was when I got the limited fried chicken.  It was also a disappointment.  Small pieces and wasn't fried well. 
The Barrhaven Swiss Chalet is 100 times better.  The chicken is bigger, and my fried chicken experience there was amazing.  Ben, Brian, and I had ordered half fried chicken (5 pieces) each.  We were planning on taking some piece home, but we all ate the whole thing because it was so good.

My Chicken Ranking:
1. The Fry (Barrhaven) - Half-Half Special: Soy Garlic Fried Chicken & Chicken with Sauce
2. Swiss Chalet (Barrhaven) - Limited Fried Chicken
3. Scores (Cote Vertu) - 2 Leg Meal

4. KFC
5. St.Hubert
6. Popeye's
7. Loblaws - Fried Chicken that is coated in a thin batter, best value when it's 50% off at end of the day.

10. Benny & Co (Kanata) - Flavourless Chicken and the Gravy tasting like strong celery

?. Mary Browns (Kanata) - Not tried yet

99. Swiss Chalet (Kanata)

Useless Food News:
The new McDonalds by Tanger Outlets has some specials on Sat Jan 26 to Thurs Jan 31, for their grand opening.  Small print says limit of 2.  Sounds like 2 Big Macs, 2 Happy Meals, and 1 Cone to go :)
McDonald Tanger Grand Opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment