Sunday, April 8, 2018

Weekend Report -> Relatives from Connecticut

Lots of birthdays this weekend:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORDON!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE!!!

Food this weekend ->
My cousins, Ben, Susanna and I went to OCCO Kitchen for dinner on Friday.  This place trendy and the food was amazing.  We shared a OCCO App Board to start.  We got a blueberry bbq sauce for the wings and it was really good.
OCCO Platter.
For my meal, I got the East Coast Donair Hoagie with the award winning seafood chowder.  The chowder was incredible.  Really creamy and lots of seafood in it.  The sandwich was good but the jalapeno slices in it were really hot.  I had to take them out.
Seafood Chowder and Donair Hoagie.
For dessert we got the apple turnover dumplings and the churros.  The apple dumplings were OK.  Nothing really special and it did have a whiskey caramel sauce to pour over it.  BUT the churros were amazing.  It was like a honey cruller mixed with a beaver tail.  The sauces were chocolate, white chocolate with Bailey's and I forgot what the white one was.  The Bailey's was the best one.
I'm definitely going back.
Apple Dumpling and Churros.

Saturday morning the prime roast I bought during the Easter sail was expiring, so woke up early and cooked it.  I used the easy 500F method.  It came out really juicy and medium BUT there was a huge fat pocket in it.  So I lost alot of meat real-estate.
Easy Prime Rib Roast.

On Saturday night the family, relatives from Connecticut and Toronto, and my grandparents went out to dinner at Sea King on Merivale for my grandfather's birthday.  The kitchen service was horrible!  We had reservations and pre-ordered the meal so it didn't make sense that the food didn't come until 40 minutes after we were seated.  Also, we didn't get the starter soup until after the 5th plate of main course arrived.  So we had all these bowls sitting on the lazy-susan taking up alot of room. 
Lobster.
The food plates were large and the food was good, but if I wasn't with my relatives I think we should have left and gone to the buffet across the street.
We brought our own birthday cakes.  The dark on tasted like Coffee Crisp and the other tasted like Ferro Roche.  Very good.  From a place in Gatineau.
Grandpa's Birthday Cakes.

Useless Escape Room News:
Friday night Ben, Susanna, our cousins, and I went to Escape Manor and played The Gallery.  The room wasn't very hard but it's a very good beginner room for our cousins.  I did enjoy the room.  We finished with about 14 minutes left. 

Useless Lego News:
Nyc ordered the Ultimate Millennium Falcon and shipped it to work.  It arrived on Friday. 
The box is huge!  I want him to bring it in when it's finished, but there is no way to transport it when it's built.
Ultimate Millennium Falcon.

Useless Gaming News:
We played a bunch of boardgames with our cousins.  We played Between Two Cities, Camel Cup, Guillotine, and we finished with a hilarious few rounds of Telestrations.
5-Player Camel Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment