Monday, April 23, 2018

Long Weekend Report: Staycation

On staycation since Friday and I haven't done anything but eat, sleep, and watch stuff (mostly Running Man).  Awesome!  1 more staycation day left.

I bought a couple Hot-and-Ready pepperoni pizzas for Friday.  I was able to get them as they came right out of the oven.
Pizza #1.

Defrosted and cooked a Christmas roast on Sunday morning.  Used the 500F method.
Not Freezer Burnt Roast.
Took it over to my parents for dad to slice it up.  I came out a nice medium to medium-rare.
Sliced Up to Chow Down.
Ate it over fresh white rice.
Mmmm.

Took the bones home and boiled then with frozen bones from the last couple of roasts to make a stew.
Stew.
Boil-cooled-reboiled the meat and bones over night.  The meat became really tender and fell off the bones clean.  Also got alot of the gelatin out of the bones.  Made fresh rice to go with the stew.
Too Hot.  Burnt My Tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment