Sunday, March 18, 2018

Long Weekend Report: Lots of Takeout

Food this long weekend ->
I took Friday off so I had a long weekend :)

Ben and I went to Loblaws Wednesday after the escape room and we got some discount food.  I got 50% off muffins and strawberries.  The muffins were lemon cranberry.  Good stuff.  The strawberries weren't very sweet, but I only paid $1.45 for the pack, so it was OK.
Discount Lemon Cranberry Muffins and Strawberries.

Thursday night I went over to Julie's to watch the new episode of iZombie.  We had Frank's sandwiches for dinner.  Apparently the prices have gone up since I was last there.  It is now $6.20 from $5.75.  No pic, but I got my usual #1 Frank's Special.
Sherlock the dog hung out with me as usual, but this time Lux came and sat near me by the window.
Lux Hiding His Face.
Cas actually snuggled into my lap to be petted too!
Cas in my Lap.

On Friday, I went out to run some errands and picked up some chicken at The Fry.  I got half a fried chicken in soy garlic sauce and spicy rice cakes.  The chicken was extremely good!  I ate the whole box in one sitting.  The rice cakes were really spicy and very good too.
The Fry.

On Saturday, Arseni, Julie, Jeremy, Gen and Garth came over to play boardgames.  We only played Charterstone, which was OK as it's a very good game.  We took a break for dinner and ordered from Big Bone BBQ.  We ordered the Party Pack 5. 
Party Pack 5
Includes: 3 racks of ribs, 2lbs of pulled pork, 2lbs of wings, extra larger fries, a loaf of cornbread, 2 tubs of beans, 2 tubs of coleslaw, and a tub of sauce.  It was alot of food and feeds 6-8 people; and we pretty much finished the whole thing. 

On Sunday, Ben, Susanna and I went to the new Adonis in Gatineau.  It was pretty packed and it had the same feel as the ones in Montreal.  I got a few things, but it was too crowded to get a good look at everything.  I'll have to go back again for fresh baklava, cheese, and marinated meats.  I did get my L'Orange Maison drink.  So good.
After dropping them off, I went to Hazeldean Mall and got chicken from Chicken Ranch.  I got a 6 piece bucket of fried chicken.  It was made fresh to order so I walked around the mall for 15 mins and then picked it up.  The bucket includes fries, coleslaw and gravy.  The chicken is tasty.  I would have said it was good, if I hadn't had eaten The Fry's chicken on Friday.  It just doesn't beat that.
Chicken Ranch (half of the bucket)

Useless TV News:
Watched the Walking Dead on Sunday.  Does anyone else notice that Simon's character (especially for the past couple of episodes) is scheming and undermining Negan, just like Starscream does to Megatron?  You can totally see it in Simon's face that he is just like Starscream.

No comments:

Post a Comment