Monday, October 14, 2019

Long Weekend Report -> Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Food this week ->
Bake sale at CMC on Thursday for United Way.  I made 2 cheese cakes: Lemon cheese cake with toasted coconut and a Cherry cheese cake.
Bake Sale Table 1.
I had one of each cookie and 2 rice crispy squares.
Bake Sale Table 2.

Ed, Steve and I went to Ox Head at the Centrum on Friday.  The Ox Head Vermicelli was excellent.  Lots of meat (thick cut this time) and grilled nicely.  Their vermicelli is still better than KNH.
Ox Head Vermicelli.

Defrosted beef roast I had from last December.  I made the roast using the 500C technique. 
I covered the room temperature roast with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.  I cooked it at 500C for 32mins then turned off the heat and let it sit with the door closed for 2hrs.
Roast Beef.
It came out a juicy and moist medium.  I cut it up into columns and it mostly fit into 2 boxes.  Ate it with fresh white rice.
Sliced up Roast Beef with Carrots.

Useless Gaming News:
Gordon, Brian, Ben and I played a new scenario of TIME Stories.  It was the Lumen Fidei expansion.  We finished it in 1 go and only ran out of time once.  It took us 4hrs.  The game was pretty good.  It had 1 puzzle that stumped us, but it made sense if you remember all the uncommon names the story text used.  The puzzle wasn't difficult once you find the right place to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment