Sunday, May 26, 2019

Weekend report -> Sept 2006 Water Bottles

Food this weekend ->
Went to Kanata Ribfest for lunch on Friday.  I got a half rack with 3 sides from Gonzalez Venezuelan BBQ.  I haven't seen them before, so I gave them a try.
Gonzalez Ribber.
They were good.  On the sweet side with a nice spice.  (I forgot to take a pic)
I went back later around 2:15pm when there was no crowd.  I went to Brickyard BBQ to pick up dinner.
Brickyard BBQ Ribber.
I got the Belly Buster: 1/2 rack + 1/2 jerk chicken + 1/2 lb pulled pork + 3 sides.  The jerk chicken was very good.  Ribs were so-so.  Pull pork was better than the ribs this time.
Belly Buster.
I also got a Blooming Onion to share at work.  The onions they use were huge!  Probably about the size of a cantaloupe.  The cooked a fresh blooming onion in 2mins and it was amazing.  It's too big to eat alone and has to be shared.
Blooming Onion.

Made steak for dinner on Sunday night.  Susanna and I bought these AAA grade rib steaks from Loblaws in Bell's Corners.  They were marked down by 50%.  We didn't know why as mine didn't expire for another 4 days.  I also went to Centrum Loblaws and the same steaks were regular price and not marked down.
Steak Dinner.

Useless Food News:
Was cleaning up the basement Sunday night, and when I opened up my mini-fridge I found 4 bottles of water from Sept 2006.  The bottles had shrunkened with time.  They had expired in Sept 2008 too.  I'm probably not going to drink these.  The plastic for these bottles are super thick compared to the bottles now.
Water from 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment