Sunday, March 31, 2019

Weekend Report -> Happy Birthday Grandpa!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!!!

Relatives from Toronto came up this weekend to celebrate my grandfather's birthday. 
We had a huge takeout order of Rideau Restaurant dishes for dinner on Saturday.  I think we only got through half of the food pictured.
Rideau Takeout.
Then we had 3 birthday cakes: matcha cake, chestnut cake, and my homemade lemon cheese cake.
Birthday Cakes.
We had dimsum for Sunday lunch before my relatives went back.  Between meals Susanna, my cousins and I played Azul and Quacks of Quedlinburg.

Last week was Bob's retirement lunch at Fratelli.  I got a carpaccio and arugula salad.  I got it on Becky's recommendation.  It was very good.  The raw thinly slice beef went well with the mushroom, arugula, and cheese. Good dish, but also expensive.  $22!  I had to try it once, but the $20 lasagna was huge and the better deal.
Carpaccio Salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment