Tuesday, March 26, 2019

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAVIN!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAVIN!!!

Food last week ->
Tried the new Strawberry and Cream Filled donut last week with Ed and Steve.  It's a Boston Cream donut with a strawberry dipped top instead of the chocolate.  It's pretty good, but compared the original Boston Cream; I still prefer the Boston Cream,
Strawberry Cream and Boston Cream Donuts.

Dungeness Crab was on sale this weekend at T&T.  I decided to get one.  I tried to pick out a female one, but all the ones in the tank were male :(  No crab roe this time.
Dungenous Crab.
To cook it, I just boiled it in salty water.  I ate it by chopping it in half, pulling out the bladder and dumping it.  Then slowly disassembled it with my hands to eat all the meat.  The meat was nice and sweet.
Halved Dungenous Crab.

Made chicken soup on Sunday night.  I chopped and boiled some white potatoes, carrots, and garlic in water, salt, and dashi.  Then I added the magic soup mix: 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and 1 can of cream of chicken soup.  Stirred in the soups with about 1 can of milk (1/2 can of milk in each can to get the can bits) and then added black pepper and dried chives.  Brought it to a boil and then reduced it to a low simmer.  I then deboned 6 halal chicken thighs and sliced it into big chunks and added it to the soup when it was simmering only.  I recently learned on a cooking show that chicken meat seizes up and toughens when it is boiled.  It should be cooked without bringing the liquid to a boil to keep the meat smooth and tender.
Chicken and Vegetable Soup.
The soup came out good and delicious.  I made a big pot and ate more today for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment