Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Year of the Pig

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!

Took vacation Monday and Tuesday for Chinese New Year and because I have alot of vacation days to use.  This year is the Year of the Pig!

Year of the Pig Food ->
We had New Year's dinner at Rideau Restaurant.
CNY Dinner.
The meal was OK.  The fish maw crab meat soup (not shown), chicken, steamed fish, pipa tofu, and beef with greens were good.  The pipa tofu was made very well this time and the fish was also well cooked.
I did't eat the Yi Mein noodles.  Never liked it.  I find it too mushy. 
The Sweet and Sour pork were sliced pork chop in a red sauce (aka not the expected sweet and sour pork with pineapple).  I ate a few pieces, but it was too lean.  It lacked the fatty bits from real sweet and sour pork.
And the other greens dish Ben wanted (hollow stem tips of spinach? or some other greens), I don't really like and it was really expensive ($16), but Ben insisted on getting it.  He was also a total baby and an a-hole about not changing it too. 
So I ate 5 of the 7 dishes, but really only enjoyed 4.  Glad I had food to eat later.

Useless Food News:
I tried the new Jalapeno McChicken from McDonalds. 
Jalapeno McChicken.
It was not spicy.  I give it a 1 out of 10 for spice level. 
Not Hot.
The Habanero McChicken is a week away.  Maybe it will be hotter?  The Ghost pepper McChicken is 3 weeks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment