Sunday, November 5, 2017

Weekend Report -> Softball Party

Went to the Christmas Craft show on Friday with Julie.  The show is pretty good this year.  Some returning vendors and some new ones.  For some reason there seemed to be alot of food ones, with lots of free samples.  There was also one vendor that had amazing hand painted ornaments, but his prices were abit high.  I would have gotten one, but I think I might do some myself this year.
Went back to Julie's place afterwards to play with her 2 new 4-month old kittens (brothers Lux and Castiel) and new 2 year old dog (Sherlock).  The dog accepted me after abit of barking, but the kittens took to me really quickly.  The kittens were uber cute and like to play alot.  So much that they tired me out, but they still wanted to play more.  Sherlock likes when his hip or neck is rubbed.  His tail then curls up like a pig's.  When you stop, his tail flops back down.  LOL

Food this weekend ->
Got some discount cookies and double smoked bacon last Thursday night.  The bacon was in the cold cut section and they tasted fine when I ate them, but Ed and Peter said they were raw...?  I wasn't sure.  Smoking food usually cooks it?  Anyways, I microwaved what was left and it was better hot.
Cookies and (Raw?) Bacon.

CMC Strike Fighter's softball party was this weekend at Gary's.  Lots of fun and lots of food!  I tried abit of everything, except Dave's pasta dish.  He showed up late and I was full by then.
Hot meats: pulled pork, meatballs, short ribs.
Meat!
I made cold egg white noodles with BBQ pork and baby Bai Choi.  Mark's 3 cheese perogies were good (Chimo brand).  Stefano's pea salad was good too.  
Sides.
More Sides.
Jes's chocolate brownies.
Dessert Brownies.
Not sure who made these cheesecake cups.  They were good except for the salty-caramel one pictured.  The caramel was rock hard!  Had to eat that part separately.  It was very chewy too.
Mini Cheese Cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment