Sunday, November 26, 2017

Weekend Report -> Black Friday Weekend

Food this weekend ->
Went to Kanata Noodle House for Susanna's birthday lunch.  It was an audible call from going to buffet to KNH.  We started with some BBQ pork rice wraps.  Very good with a spice peanut sauce.
BBQ Pork Rice Wraps.
Susanna, my dad, and I all got the Pho #15 medium.  It's the perfect size to eat there and you get a bit of everything.
KNH Pho #15 Med.
FYI: KNH2 opens in the building beside Hockey Sushi on the Grand Opening Dec 7!  Close to CMC and my house!

Made steak Sunday night.  Also made zucchini in the drippings.  Added a blob of Kraft Garlic Aioli (from the US).
Steak and Zucchini.

Useless Shopping News:
Went shopping on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for Black Friday sales.  I couldn't believe I went to Carlingwood mall all 3 days.  Went myself on Friday.  Went back on Saturday with Julie.  Then went again with Ben and Susanna on Sunday.
I picked up some Christmas gifts for people, and some stuff for myself.  I got a new duvet cover.  I like the pattern and it has a metallic purple tint to it.
Duvet Cover.
I also picked up some new 1000 piece puzzles from Calendar Club.  Apparently each store get's different puzzles!  I hit 3 different Calendar Clubs this weekend and only found 3 of these "Wasgij?" puzzles where the box doesn't match the puzzle you make.
Wasgij Puzzles.
#11 is the basic "What happens next?" puzzle,
#15 is "What happens when the little girl grows up and shops in the shop?",
#23 is the best one where "What does the baking judge (and the others) looking ahead see?"


Useless Gaming News:
4-Player gaming at Brian's on Friday night.  We played Stop Thief!, Dicey Peaks, and Beeeees!  The new game was Dicey Peaks is a pretty fun push-your-luck dice rolling game where players compete to clime the mountain and find the flag first.  It's a quick starter game.  Good to play now and then, but not going to pick it up.
Dicey Peaks.

1 comment:

  1. there is another new vietnamese restaurant: Fortune Express is now Chez Lam. I didn't try it yet.

    ReplyDelete