Sunday, September 24, 2017

Weekend Report -> Happy Birthday Mom!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!

My mom celebrated her 60th birthday early with her friends Saturday.  She partied so hard, she lost her voice when the family went out for dim sum on Sunday.
After dim sum, we had black forest cake... from T&T!
Birthday Cake.
Here is a slice.  It used sponge cake instead of regular cake and cherry jello instead of cherry jam.  It truly was a T&T/Chinese version of this cake.  :(  I had a kiwi on my slice.  It was the best part.
Chinese Style.

Food this weekend ->
I made some M&M Louisiana wings in the oven.  I baked them directly on my stone pan, and the wings came out really crispy.  The wings were also more spicy than I remember.
Louisiana Wings.
I also made some Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, but I didn't roll it.  I just left it flat on the pan.  It was abit too crispy all around and not fluffy enough.  There is a reason why it should be rolled.
Crescent Un-Rolled.

Ben, Susanna and I went to Maverick's Donut Company.  I got a 1/2 dozen of their specialty donuts.  I got 2 Creme Brule, 1 Lemon Ricotta, 2 Chocolate Peanutbutter, a 1 Berlinher.

Maverick's Donuts.

Useless Plant News:
After sprinkling a 3rd wave of Miracle Grow on my cherry tomato plant, it has exploded again.  There are so many tomatoes on it and it has grown well past where I would have liked it have grown.  It has choked out most of the other plants and is in the progress of blocking out the hanging strawberry plant.
Cherry Tomato Plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment