Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Scribblenauts

Bought "Scribblenauts" today for the DS. Pretty good game. The object is to solve the puzzle on each level and get the starite (star). You do this by moving your guy around and writing in tools/weapons/things for him to use. ie Make an axe to cut down a tree to get the star at the top.

Its interesting how the things you create interact with you and each other. Here's a little chain of events of when I was experimenting in the free-play area, where you can make anything you want:
- I created a Cow and a Sword.
- Equiped the Sword and killed the Cow.
- The Cow turns into Meat.
- I created a BBQ to cook the Meat into Steak.
- Then I made a Clown. The Clown walked over stole and ate my Steak!
- The REALLY cool part is that afterwords I create a Vampire.
- The Vampire attacked the Clown and turned him into an Undead Minion!!
- Guess what. Then they BOTH attacked me!!!
- What makes it awesome is that Vampire Hunter is a noun in the game (he's equipped with a stake too) I make one to try and kill both of them. Didn't work... they overpowered the Vampire Hunter and he became another Undead Minion too.
- I then made the Sun to kill the Vampire and he turns into a pile of Dust.
- I made a Dragon to kill the Undead Minions. Of course after that, the Dragon turned on me, so I made a couple of Knights and a Mage to help me kill Dragon.
- During the fight with the Dragon I accidentally hit the Mage with my sword, so he attacked me too (the Mage shoots mini-fireballs from his staff)!
- Then I typed in Meteor, dragged and dropped it to crush the Mage. Apparently Meteor destroys the whole level when it hits and kills me too. I should have just made a Car and ran the Mage over. LOL

This game is really neat that it knows so many different words. Everyone should try it out.
BTW: the Ghost is uber-powerful. The only way I could kill it was with Holy Water.

No comments:

Post a Comment