Monday, September 9, 2019

Vacation Over and I Didn't Mow the Lawn.

Congratulations 

Gen and Garth!!!

Been on vacation for the past week.  Spent most of the time shopping and getting ready for Gen and Garth's Wedding.

Tuesday: Took it easy on my 1st day of vacation.  Hit a bunch of Walmarts, EB Games and Toys R Us' looking for new Transformers.  I only found Alpha Trion from the Cyberverse line.  Didn't mow the lawn.
Alpha Trion.

Wednesday: Went to the dentist to get my cracked tooth fixed.  The only thing he did was pull out the cracked half.  He said he needed the gums to heal before he can fix the rest.  I'm going back next Thursday.  On the way home I picked up Portuguese tarts from T&T and a lamb shank meal from Jimmy the Greek.  Didn't mow the lawn.
Portuguese and Greek Food.

Thursday: Went shopping with Julie for her bridesmaid's shoes and hair accessories at Bayshore.  We stopped for a snack at the new Crepe place.  The place is expensive, but the portions are large.  I got a nutella, banana and strawberry crepe.  I didn't realize it came in a plate until they brought it out.  I thought it was Japanese style where they fold the crepe and you hold it like a cone, so you can walk and eat.  Too bad.
Pricy Crepe.
We went to Gen and Garth's house afterwards to help them make the table center pieces.  Julie made a ghetto curry and I was making the rice for dinner.  I forgot to press "cook" on the rice cooker.  We ate a very late dinner.  Didn't mow the lawn.

Friday: Went in to CMC to help organize a Shawarma Lunch.  I was on vacation but I went in to just eat :).  We got way too much food: 6 family platters.  I took a whole tray of rice home and ate half of it for dinner.
I went to Tip Top after lunch to get a new shirt.  The wedding was a purple themed wedding, and I had to change my Autobot tie to a Decepticon tie.  That made the dress shirt I was planning to wearing no longer matching the tie, so I had to get a new shirt to match Decepticon "purple".
I got a couple Transformers Siege sets in the mail: Phantom Strike Squad and Alpha Strike Counterforce.  Didn't mow the lawn.
Siege Decepticon and Autobot Sets.

Saturday: Went grocery shopping in the morning with Julie.  We needed to get ingredients for our dishes for the wedding potluck.  I was making a simple rice with BBQ pork dish, but I had to get the BBQ pork in the morning before they run out at Kowloon Market.  I was lucky.  I ordered 5 Chashu (2.4lbs) from the butcher which seem to be most of the bbq pork left on display.  The guy after me wanted 2lbs.  Not sure if there was enough left for him.  Then we went to a bunch of Indian Grocery stores for Julie's dish and picked up her dress.
Julie spent all afternoon and into the evening making her Chana Masala Curry at my house.  It took so long because she was making it from scratch and there was alot of simmering to get the chic peas to absorb enough water to be soft and mushy.  She made a huge batch and it wasted very good.  Not too spicy, but had a nice kick to it.  It was very good on rice.  Didn't mow the lawn.
Chana Masala Curry.

Sunday: The outdoor wedding was at 11am, but I got there at 9am to help Garth set up.  It was a small wedding with maybe 65 people and it was potluck lunch afterwards.  There was lots of different kinds of food, but way too much food.  Could have easily fed 200 people.
Instead of a wedding cake, Gen and Garth had wedding cupcakes.  The top tier was still make and decorated with a BB-8 and BB-9E toppers (Star Wars music was used during the wedding march).  Didn't mow the lawn. 
Wedding Cupcakes.

Monday: Was planning on mowing the lawn today.  I slept in and got up at noon.  Made fried rice with BBQ pork and eggs from the wedding leftovers for lunch.  I ate it while watching some new episodes of Running Man.  Took a power nap around 2pm and got up around 5pm.  Watched Beverly Hills Cop 2 on TV.  Ate some ice cream and watched more Running Man.  Didn't mow the lawn.
Fried Rice.
I probably need to mow the lawn soon, as it's been 2 months.  But the grass doesn't get long... so it can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment