Sunday, September 15, 2019

Softball Playoffs 2019

Useless Softball News:
Softball Playoffs started on Friday.  CMC Strike Fighters played Batmen in the 1st round.  They had beaten us in all 3 games this season and they were mostly high scoring games, but that doesn't matter in the playoffs.  We shut them down and beat them 12-2.  Mark's pitching was on fire and he only gave up 1 homerun for them to score their 2 runs.  Our bats were hitting lots of green.
I hit 1-for-1 with 1 single and 2 walks.

We played Packing Dingers on Saturday morning for Round 2.  We beat them, but I don't remember the score.  Mark's pitching shut them down again but he had to leave after this game.  I also got badly hurt in the last inning where I pulled my left calf muscle.  I'm out the rest of the playoffs.
I hit 2-for-4 with a pop fly, single, single, and fielder's choice.

Pitchin Power was Round 3.  They schemed their way to a tie with us last Tues, which gave them 1 point lead over us in the standings, which meant we needed to play higher seeds.  We played them using Tyler as pitcher because Gary fractured his thumb (and it was a meaningless game).  He hasn't pitched since last year and only for 1 inning.  He gave up 6 runs in the 1st inning, but got his rythme down after that.  Their pitchers were also throwing illegal pitches (knuckle balls from the 1st pitcher, and illegal spins from the 2nd pitcher).  The ump let them go because we called them too late and they were struggling to get the pitches over the plate.  I don't think he should have let them go.  He's the umpire and he is suppose to follow the rules.  In the end we lost in Overtime 15-14.  We still advance to the semi-finals as we need to lose 2 games to be eliminated.  Semi-finals are Monday night, and the Finals are Wednesday night.


Food this weekend ->
Team went to Boston Pizza after the 3rd game for dinner.  I got the Big Dipper sandwich.  It's a steak sandwich with au'jus dipping sauce to dunk the sandwich in.  It's very good.  Real steak too.  Not the machine slice roast beef other places serve.
Big Dipper Sandwich.
I also got Kickin Onion Rings for the table.  These are amazing with the dill mayo sauce.
Onion Rings.

I finally used up all the leftover white rice and cauliflower rice I had from Gen's wedding.  I've been making fried rice every day with bits of BBQ pork and egg.  I'm kind of getting tired of it, but the fried rice is especially better when I mix garlic hummus and tzatziki in it.  Gives it a creamy texture and some crunchy rice.
Fried Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment